A Maintenance Manager wonders:
- What is the breakdown rate of each machine?
- How can we avoid breakdowns?
- Do we have spare parts?
- When is the next production shutdown scheduled for?
- Who will be available for call-outs?
- the reporting of a breakdown or down times (by cause, by machine)
- an immediate alert of non-conformities
- the knowledge of the critical operation settings
- the sending of production and maintenance schedules
so as to
- manage and programme maintenance call outs.
- plan maintenance tasks.
- work closely with production.
- analyse malfunctions (journaling, classification, etc.).
- monitor production indicators.
- understand breakdowns and shutdowns.
- improve the reliability of equipment.
- anticipate breakdowns and malfunctions.
- increase the availability of production tools.